3. St. Mark's Episcopal Church
St. Mark's Episcopal Church on Washington Street is one of several historic and architecturally significant churches in town. Constructed in 1882-3 by bathkeeper, inventor and builder Henry Harrison Hunter, it is an eclectic mix of Victorian Stick style and Tudor. The rectory next door was built in 1888 and subsequent additions and remodelings have not destroyed its distinctive Victorian multi-roofed profile.
© 2004 Travel Berkeley Springs. All rights reserved.