Morgan County Public Library on the corner of Congress and
Washington Streets is housed in an Italianate Victorian residence built
in 1870 with an addition constructed in 1920. During much of the 1930s,
it was operated as a “high class boarding house,” according
to the local press. In 1998, the library acquired the building and a large
addition was designed to blend with the original style. The original lot
owner was James Smith, a Signer of the Declaration of Independence
for an interactive map of the Walking Tour.
| introduction | take
the tour | postcards
Berkeley Springs - Morgan
County Chamber of Commerce
127 Fairfax Street
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
2004 Travel Berkeley Springs. All rights reserved.